earth hour sucks
March 23, 2010
Earth hour sucks because:
- people think that by turning off their lights for an hour they are now environmentalists.
- people think that they have done their part for the environment and can slack off for the rest of the year.
- people I know are planning a huge candlelight party with a large carni-BBQ with cold drinks and don’t understand why it’s ironic.
- the popularity of Earth Hour has made it into a trendy meaningless fad.
- I think I was correct about the impacts of token behaviour.
- I heard someone lecture a person in India about how they should be more ‘green’ like us Canadians.
Yeah, Earth Hour has some good points like communicating as a symbol of the changes we can make. So, I’ll do it anyway since I’ll probably be asleep.